Small Breed Rescue of East Tennessee
- SBRET will not place a dog known to have an unsound temperament. However, no one can predict how any dog will react in a given situation especially without complete knowledge of the dog's past. THEREFORE, ADOPTIVE OWNERS ARE STRONGLY URGED TO EXERCISE CAUTION WHEN INTRODUCING THE ADOPTIVE DOG INTO A NEW SITUATION AND CONTINUE TO BE CAUTIOUS UNTIL THE DOG HAS BECOME FULLY ADJUSTED TO ITS NEW ENVIRONMENT AND THE ADOPTER HAS HAD AN OPPORTUNITY TO BECOME FAMILIAR WITH THAT DOG'S UNIQUE PERSONALITY.
- The dog must never be allowed to run loose and should always carry identifying tags.
- If the adoptive owner cannot, for any reason, keep the dog they must notify SBRET and give SBRET the option of reacquiring the dog. Under no circumstances should a dog adopted from SBRET be sold, taken to a shelter, or given away. SBRET reserves all rights in reclaiming the dog, should we find the adoptive home to be unfit for any reason and by violation of the agreed upon contract.
- SBRET makes no representations or warranties regarding the temperament or physical condition of any adoptive dog. ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WHERE THEY ARE APPLICABLE, ARE HEREBY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMED.
- SBRET shall not be responsible for any bodily injuries or property damage caused by any adoptive dog or by the actions of the adoptive owners. The adoptive owner hereby specifically assumes sole responsibility for, and agrees to hold SBRET and its representatives harmless from, any and all loss and expense (including legal fees) by reason of liability imposed by law on SBRET and its rescue representatives, because of bodily injuries to any person or persons including the adoptive owners, or any damage to property arising out of its consequences of the placement of this dog, howsoever such injuries or damages to property may be caused, or may be alleged to have been caused by negligence of the aforementioned parties or any of their employees, agents or members or in any other person.
- The adoption fee is refundable within 7 days provided that the adopter returns the living dog to a SBRET representative and releases SBRET of any further liability. When the 7 day trial adoption time has expired, no refund will be made.
- The adopter agrees to provide the dog with a good and safe home with proper care and attention. The dog is not to ride loose in the back of pick-up trucks, is not to be chained, or to be contained by hidden fences. The dog is not to be an outside pet. The dog is not to be left in a kennel or small pen for time spans exceeding an 8 hour period.
- The adopter agrees to have the dog examined by a licensed veterinarian at least once each year and will keep the dog's vaccinations up to date. The dog must also be given monthly heartworm prevention.
- The adopter agrees to notify SBRET if they have a change of mailing address, email address, or phone number.
- There will be a $25 fee for all returned checks.
I have read the proceeding and agree to the conditions set forth.
Signature of SBRET Representative
Signature of Adopter